Friday, April 29, 2016

My new headliner

I love my old '95 Saturn and I keep "taping" together what seems to be falling apart.  Since I used to do a lot of work on cars, I have been fairly successful in keeping my old Sat running and in good shape.  In the last couple years, however, my headliner began to fall down, droop and tear.  I had to finally just rip it out.  Unfortunately, underneath the fabric of the headliner was a rather gross looking type of foam which had hardened and become crumbly.  Something had to be done.  Not being very wealthy and somewhat frugal, I decided to put my crocheting skills to work.  I crocheted mini granny squares and joined them to make blocks to attach to the roof.  Since the foam had become so crumbly, glue would not work so I used blocking pins to secure the blocks of granny squares to the roof.  Most people who have seen it just laugh.  My best friend says it looks like something Cheech and Chong would do.  I don't care.  It keeps the disintegrating foam from crumbling all over the interior.  I love my old Saturn and will keep it till it runs no more doing anything possible to keep it as long as possible.

 This is still a work in progress and, yes, the sun visors will have to be done next!

No comments:

Post a Comment